Friday, February 25, 2011

I-15 - Vegas Bound!

I recently took a trip to Las Vegas. If I had my wish, I'd hang out the window all 4 hours it takes to drive there, because there are so many trucks on the road. Unfortunately, hanging out the window is uncomfortable.... dust and sand, bugs in teeth etc.... no fun. lol.
I quickly figured out though, that our windshield was clean enough for me to take photos of oncoming trucks. Between that and the side mirror, I was able to get a few cool truck shots... and here it is... a pure truck photo blog... no stories.... just pictures. Enjoy.


Unmistakable Golden trucks, CRST is approaching through the joshua trees.

Passed the McDonalds truck... unfortunately I just got the grill, but that's just as well...
the burger photo on the back of those trucks would make us hungry anyway.


Cool Volvo, even though the railing, it came out as a fairly neat photo.

Coming up on a heavy load
Catching the front end in the sideview mirror.

Here's a cool photo I caught of this truck as it's driving ahead of the storm.
Line of trucks leaving Las Vegas... most likely California-bound.
Swift heading in to Vegas.... love the never-ending roadway ahead.
I guess you could call this a glimpse into a trucker's life, eh?

Swift & a nice view of the surrounding desert scenery

Nice KW - California-bound.



Giant big rigs look so tiny next to these desert hills... :)

Nice KW 900 on the roadside

The blue brigade, part 1.


This is posted @ the Mad Greek in Baker ... just in case you were calcing how much longer till you hit the Greek Islands...
Row of trucks @ the Mad Greek.

KW passing underneath an overpass in Baker.

Blue Brigade part 2

Nice glimpse of an International Lonestar, followed by the unmistakable orange Schneider Freightliner.... :)

Oversize load - a Komatsu mining truck heading through the desert.

We pulled off the freeway for a few so the oversize load could catch up.... here it is again, trying to get some better photos of it )

Here's the oversize in my sideview mirror.... it's being transported by a trusty KW.


And here it is....... the Vegas skyline! Love this sight ;-)

No comments: